CareSmart AMS allows for electronic billing for Medicare and Medicaid home health billing, private insurance companies Eldercare/Evercare, self-pay, and producing paper claims (private billing forms such as the UB-04 and HCFA-1500) are standard.
Electronic posting to Medicare and Medicaid are also standard to the software. Posting for private insurance is also available.
- Pre-bill report checks for missing certification dates and diagnoses
- Edit claims electronically before submitting to payers
- Audit all adjustments to accounting entries
- Manage unlimited payer plans and instructions
- Complete and submit the 485 automatically with collected information
- Automatically bill patient accounts with electronic payment
Home Care Software has partnered with Gateway EDI to give home care agencies the ability to use a single source to submit electronically to a variety of payors.
To begin processing claims through Gateway EDI, current CareSmart AMS users will need to contact their account manager to establish an account.
The CareSmart AMS A/R functions provide for full tracking of home care reimbursements of charges, visits and remittance advice entry for payments and denials. In addition, denials are tracked by type and monitoring of resubmissions. It also generates automatic co-payer statements and co-insurance billing.
The Accounts Receivable module contains a large selection of collection reports from patient ledgers to aging reports in detail or summary form. Patient accounts are aged real time.